Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I Would Have Sworn...

... that I had posted this before. But having used the search option in my blog and coming up with no results for multiple searches... I'm assuming that if I did post it, it's somehow been lost. So I'll post it again.

"For speed and efficiency of travel, give me Amundsen. For scientific discovery, give me Scott. But when disaster strikes and all hope is gone, get down on your knees and pray for Shackleton."
       --  Sir Raymond Priestly,
Antarctic Explorer

I just finished listening to 'Endurance' today on my way to work. It's the story of Ernest Shackleton's antarctic expedition that went horribly wrong. It's an incredible story. Really, really incredible. And after reading it, I completely understand the feeling behind that quote. Shackleton was amazing. Now I need to watch the movie... (:

No comments: