Thursday, September 4, 2014

?

Can anyone else hear the echo in here? I can. It's deafening in its silence. I'm just so out of the blogging habit. Not that it really matters, but I do enjoy writing and I feel kind of sad that I've stopped writing as much as I used to. Just for me really.

Anyway, I think I need to start running again.

Yep - *need.*

I realized last night as I was spooning ice cream into my mouth that being a member of weight watchers this time around hasn't been as much in my head as it was the first time when things went really well.

While I don't think running (or exercise in general) is the secret to losing weight (apparently weight loss is 80% food 20% activity... and yes, I'm quoting hearsay statistics, take it as you will), I have decided that running is what gets me in the weight loss mode. If I'm going to make myself run, I'm not going to then ruin it by eating half a pizza.

It's a mental game.

I love that on WW you track activity too. Those things do count.

But I also loved earning activity points and then not using them. It got in my head. It helped me believe that I really was in control of everything I was putting in my body and that what I chose to earn or not earn and eat or not eat made a tangible difference in how healthy I was.

So here goes.

I'm going to go home today and get on the treadmill.

And because that statement is now on the internet it has to be true, right?

And if I put it on wikipedia that would really seal the deal.

But it was true anyway because last night while I was trying to fall asleep I gave myself a talking to. And it went something like this -

"You have to start running."

"Okay. Fine."


You heard it here first.

No comments: