Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Warm Showers...

... are so much nicer than cold ones! But that's probably not a surprise to anyone reading this.

When one roommate moved out, and another moved in, it was necessary to have the name on the gas bill changed. Well, Jennifer called to cancel the gas last week, then told us that we had until Friday to get another account with a different name put on it. ...

... Saturday we woke up to cold showers. Yeah, that was fun. I went running in the morning then came back and quickly moved into the shower hoping that if I was still hot from running that the cold water wouldn't feel so cold. I learned that no matter how hot you are, after you get under cold water once, from then on, you're just cold. So, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday I did the cold shower thing. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't exactly "fun" either, but it wasn't horrible. It reminded me of at least two months on my mission when I didn't have hot water. Kind of nice to reminisce.

Anyway, moral of the story - we have hot water again and it's nicer taking warm showers than it is taking cold ones.

But, again, you probably already know that.

5 comments:

kathy w. said...

I ran into your blog this morning and it made me sooo happy. Hooray! I'm glad your hot water's back.

faith said...

yay for warm showers. although, there are times that i definitely enjoy a cool shower. absolutely wonderful!

eden said...

cool showers, yes. not freezing. i drawn the line there. ( :

Katie Rod said...

You know, that happened to us twice in Nelson apartments because the pilot light went out. I just repeated "hot Florida, hot Florida" for as long as I could stand (about 2 minutes). But, it was a shower, nonetheless.

I hope things are going fabulous!!! I'm sorry to hear about St. George not going through, but you'll be up to snuff in no time.

P.S.When are you going skydiving again? Also, when are you getting your motorcycle license? Don't tell me you haven't gotten it yet!

eden said...

katie! yes, i have my motorcycle license. i actually got it in december a couple of weeks before my driving test expired. as for skydiving... the guys are already talking about going again... i'll have to check with my bank account to see if i can afford it!