Saturday, May 2, 2009

Day Two - An Early Start

This morning, while sleeping peacefully on my air mattress, I heard music start playing. Kind of loudly. At first I ignored it thinking maybe it was coming from a neighbor's house.

A little bit later the beeping started.

On top of the music.

I finally dragged myself out of bed and went upstairs to investigate, hoping and praying that the kids wouldn't wake up (fortunately they are all deep sleepers).

I went up and found my brother-in-law's music playing, and my sister's alarm clock beeping.

I managed to find the snooze buttons to both in the dark (finding the switch to the light is another adventure). Not sure if / when they would come back on, I turned on the radio and turned the volume way down. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to turn off the alarm on the clock, so I buried it under blankets and pillows hoping that will muffle it tomorrow morning.

The kids slept through it all, and I fell back asleep shortly after returning to my bed.

The end.

No comments: