Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My New Adventure


Just this morning, I signed up to walk with the Susan G. Komen 3-day 60-mile Breast Cancer walk in San Diego this coming November. In order for me to participate, I need to raise $2,300.

My dad's father passed away because of cancer, and his mother is a breast cancer survivor. I love that I'm able to help this way and am really looking forward to it.

If you're able to donate (any, absolutely any amount is welcome!) please click here and donate* under my name - Eden Anderson - . I'm on the team "grads for girls."

Also, if you're interested in joining the team and walking with us, let me know.

For more information about the program, click here.

To answer the question about where donations go, the website says:
Net proceeds from the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure™ fund innovative global breast cancer research and local community programs supporting education, screening and treatment. Every major advance in the fight against breast cancer in the last 27 years has been impacted by a Susan G. Komen for the Cure® grant. For more information about Komen for the Cure, breast health or breast cancer, visit http://www.komen.org/ or call 1.877 GO KOMEN.

For answers to more questions, click here.

I've also put a link in the left sidebar for donations.

Thank you!!!

*All donations are tax-deductible.

1 comment:

kathy w. said...

Very cool. How do you make time to do all this amazing stuff you're up to lately?