Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Risky Post...

Last night I saw 'The Scarlet Pimpernel' musical play. I have seen and loved (and kind of fallen in love with the lead actor of) the movie, but never seen the play or heard the music (even though I put the soundtrack on my ipod a month ago in preparation for seeing the play). I really enjoyed it, and really liked two songs especially. Now this is why the post is risky, I'm putting this together while sitting in a health lecture (not a class, don't worry, though I have posted during class before), and so I haven't actually heard these versions that I'm posting. I'll listen to them when I can and maybe change them if I need to. I hope they're wonderful.

One of the first songs in the play -



I've had a chance to watch them now, and this may be a better version. The setting is definitely cooler.



Rex Smith is in 'The Pirates of Penzance' and has a wonderful voice, so I'm hopeful that this is a good one (I kind of like this song. Enough that I've listened to it on my ipod 1, 2, or maybe 10+ times since last night) -




No comments: