Monday, March 12, 2012

Cool.

I saw this a loooong time ago and meant to post it then. But I didn't.

From an article (see link below), comes this paragraph -

Still, as charitable as Simon was, rocker Jon Bon Jovi is not to be outdone. The "Livin' on a Prayer" singer opened a very unique restaurant in New Jersey. If you're looking to dine at the new Soul Kitchen, you can leave your wallet at home because the menu is filled with meals but no prices. Diners have the option to pay what they can afford, work at the restaurant or perform community service in exchange for a meal. The effort made by the musician is to help feed the hungry without the brand of "soup kitchen."

I just think that's a really cool idea. Normally when restaurants don't have prices on the menu that means I can't afford it.

Bon Jovi is pretty cool.

1 comment:

Bryson and Tara said...

Have you heard of the "One World Cafe" in Salt Lake? It WAS similar to this. I went there back in 2006. It's all organic food and you just pay what you can. But, I wonder if too many people took advantage of it or something, because Bryson and I went in 2010 and there were prices. :(