Friday, May 10, 2013

Adventures in Babysitting: Driving

This morning I had to get the 6 year-old to school. Suggested leaving time by parents was between 7:50 and 8:00. I had been told he would get himself all ready - food, clothes, etc. and I could just get them all in the car to take them.

I walked out at 7:40. I saw two boys in the family room. Both in pajamas. I asked if they had eaten breakfast. Nope.

Benny ran off to get dressed, I poured bowls of cereal, then a couple of minutes later went to wake up the girls - both were awake, but still lying in bed. I got them up and in the car. Andy joined us a couple minutes later, and then Benny walked out.

Apparently I had touched a light switch that I shouldn't have because the garage door wouldn't open (it's an old house). I started touching various light switches and eventually came upon the combo that worked to get the door up (you still have to push the garage door button, but a certain light switch needs to be on or it won't work).

Benny climbs in the van then before I shut the door quickly turned and said, 'Do you know how to drive this thing?'

Yes Benny. Yes I do.

While driving to school I hear from the back seat, 'You're doing a great job!'

Thank you Lilia.

Benny drew me a map for how to get to school and how to get back home. I'll post those pictures later because they are pretty adorable.

No comments: