Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Home Again

I managed to get the car returned to the right place, myself to the right place, and my seat on the plane in perfect time. This was after a short detour to find a gas station so I wouldn't be charged $8/gallon. I was a little worried about time at one point, but it worked out perfectly.

Still sad about not getting to the city, I caught a few great glimpses on my way out. 



Not the best picture, but it was an amazing sunrise. 



Signs like this were all over Baltimore and I heard they were also all over Arlington. Really annoying, but so glad I was able to make my right turn in the legal time slot (while dealing with Baltimore traffic I cheated and turned left before the sign allowed - I followed a car that cheated and was followed by another car that cheated). 


I saw the pentagon. Maybe I shouldn't admit this, but I've always pictured the pentagon as a star with five points. Thinking the penta was in reference to the points. It's way past time for me to realize that the pentagon is indeed shaped like a pentagon... Oops. 



I also flew over Arlington cemetery but didn't get a picture of it. Since I have been there in person, I wasn't heartbroken about it. 

Close to home I saw this river and thought it kind of looked like a dragon. So I took a picture. 



Now I'm home, on my bed, and it feels really good to be on my bed. (:

Until next time DC. 

No comments: