Wednesday, December 24, 2008

He's Baaaack...

this picture isn't really stalker fred, but i typed in "stalker [his real name]" in google and this image came up

I once heard that blog courtesy requires a 6-month waiting period after the said event happened - regarding situations of a dating/relationship nature. This story is one that can loosely be tied to that category, but not in a good way. And please note that I never did go on a date with him. I did dance with him once and that's because I had never said no to anyone before. I had always thought, "If he has enough guts to ask, the least I can do..." It was after that instance that I decided I didn't always have to say yes.

Anyway...

I finally decided that Stalker... - we'll call him Stalker Fred - warrants a post on here. I met him during the short time I lived in CA - over two years ago. He became creepy while I was there, and that was one good thing that came from my moving back to UT.

Since moving, he has emailed me through the BYU website, tried to add me as a friend on facebook - twice (he's the first - and I think, still the only - person that I have "rejected" on facebook - twice), and just last night sent me messages through another connection-type website. This morning I saw another message through that site from someone else, and I have no idea who that person is. Because it came in so close to his other messages, I'm wondering if he created another profile... yuck.

The content of his messages -
"Intriguing information - it leaves me wanting more." (regarding my very scarce info on the page)
"Merry almost Christmas old friend."
and the one from the unknown individual:
"Hey there... how's it going?"

I'm disturbed - especially at the prospect of his creating a different profile to "trick" me. I'm not worried that he'll be coming to UT anytime soon to find me, but I'm still disturbed. Pretty, very disturbed. But, as a co-worker pointed out, that's the kind of thing that can happen when you put yourself on the internet... Blast it.

May I also add that while living in California, I had three lovely friends who knew exactly what was going on and took it upon themselves to set up an "Honor Guard"...

around me whenever he was in the vicinity. Alanna, Bobby, and Rafa, I will be forever grateful!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Ahhhhhhhhh!

eden said...

my sentiments exactly.

i KNEW you'd be able to sympathize with me!

Katie Rod said...

Yikes! I am sorry to hear that he isn't completely gone yet. I think you should set up another Honor Guard with the HCO...just in case.

faith said...

yuck, yuck, yuck.