Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I Love Nice People!

I do. I really do. I'm talking about the nice people who do nice things for no apparent reason. It's just because they're nice.

Yesterday work ended early. A little before two, campus sent out an email advising offices to close because of the snow storm that had been going on for the majority of the day (I think we ended up getting more than 6 inches). I've never heard of that happening, but I don't look gift horses in the mouth.
(in case you don't know what that phrase means, click here) So, I walked out to my car around 2:30 or so. I was mentally prepping for the need to scrape off the foot (slight exaggeration) of snow that I knew would be on my car. I stuck my key in the lock, opened the door, and realized that instead of this,

I was seeing this.

Okay, so my car really isn't that nice, and actually my car was completely uncovered. I just chose this picture because I think it's a pretty car.

And yes, in case you didn't pick up on it, I had the door wide open before I realized that there was no snow on my car. Once it clicked, I stepped back, took a look at the car to check that it was mine, then looked around at all the other cars to see what their snow situation was. It just wasn't clicking that my car would be uncovered when none of the others around me weren't.

As I was driving away I called my friend Sharla who also works in my building and mentioned the super-kind act that I had been the recipient of. I had an inkling of who it may have been, turns out I was right. She texted me later and confirmed that John, her boyfriend, had taken the time to dig out my car. So nice!

I had to scrape off my car this morning (took about 20 minutes to finish it) and was reminded of how grateful I was to have had someone do the deed for me the day before.

Really, Yay for nice people!