Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Strange Crush...

I recently admitted to my roommate that I have a strange type of crush on Hugh Laurie (a.k.a. Dr. Gregory House). I'm not sure what it is, but I love the show and I kind of love him.


I'm not really sure why. He's not the most attractive person. I think any of these guys easily top him in the looks department (although, I must say that I found a mighty attractive picture of him - that's the one above. He just doesn't always look like that).

First we have Mr. Cam Gigandet (it's French). You may recognize him in his latest roll as James in Twilight. I haven't read the books, and have no desire to see the movie - at least not until it gets to the dollar theater, and even then...

We can't leave out the most recently reigning "sexiest man in the world." Hugh Jackman looks fabulous, as always.


And now, Colin Firth - I think this is a fantastic picture of him. Wow.

In the show Hugh Laurie is not a very nice person. That's one reason I'm quick to admit that it's a strange type of crush.

Speaking of things I love...

icicles. i love icicles. these have formed on my apartment building.


this is a bad picture of icicles formed outside of my bedroom window.

i love the movie White Christmas. it started at 7 tonight which is the same time House starts. i had a hard time with the flipping of channels. this is one of the scenes i was able to catch with perfect timing during one of House's commercial breaks. i love it when breaks are well timed!


i also love dreyer's peppermint ice cream. it's a seasonal thing. buy it. love it.

and lastly, comfy sweaters. this isn't the exact one (i couldn't find the exact one on the website) but my dear friend got me a similar one for Christmas.


i swapped it for the sweater i had been wearing at work then went downstairs to show her. i told her i felt like i was wearing a blanket - which was fabulous! when i pulled up the fur-lined hood i told her it felt like i was wearing a bear rug - still fabulous! i absolutely love it! she was with me when i saw it at the store. i pulled it on then walked around the store with it. i tried to make myself take it off quickly enough so no one would become suspicious of my motives...

Now, on the flip side, talking about things I haven't been too fond of recently...



My new phone. The Samsung Sway. The battery life is driving me crazy. Fully-charged, and it doesn't last for 24 hours. I'm not a huge phone user. I have occasional phone calls, and some text messaging, but I really don't use it a ton. Even with more use, less than 24 hours is ridiculous, right? Back me up here. I took it in on Saturday and explained the problem so they gave me a new phone. I did it completely right this time. I had it off and let it charge with no action over night. My brother told me that he heard that a good thing to do with new electronics was to charge it then let the battery completely drain out until it shuts itself off before you charge it again. So I did. I did everything I was supposed to, and still... it's ridiculous. I'm considering buying the extended life battery, and I'm considering just trading it in for a new phone.

Last night I was lying in bed reading when I heard the little chime sound that it was almost out of battery power. I picked it up and saw that it was half full still. I heard it a few more times before I finally realized that it was my old phone that hadn't been charged in a little over a week. It was just barely running out of battery. I couldn't believe it. That was kind of salt in the wound and reminded me what a good phone that had been (I only got the new one last Monday, so you'd think I wouldn't have forgotten already). I only had to charge that one once every 3 or 4 days - so nice! Maybe I should take that one back in and get it reactivated.

Any suggestions?

perhaps I should also mention that I do love everything else about this phone. it's display settings are pretty sweet. I'm completely satisfied with everything except the battery!!!

3 comments:

Deja said...

I like this post. I like favorite things.

Bummer about the phone. Take it in and tell them you want a different one--different type completely. That's my vote.

Bethany said...

I've watched/listened to White Christmas twice already this year -- I may have to watch it again. I also vote like Deja.

faith said...

i need to go get some peppermint ice cream. yum! with brownies.
i definitely third the vote. new phone.