Wednesday, June 30, 2010

3x... 4x... 5x... the Charm?


I went to donate blood today. After being rejected at least three times (maybe more) this year because my hematocrit was too low, I was worried it would still be a problem. Turns out taking a multivitamin is a good thing. Especially if you're not a big meat-eater (such as myself). I was at a 13.?? and females need to be at least 12.5. Woo hoo!

I also was given a pin for having donated a gallon of blood (that unit of measurement just sounds wrong when you're talking about blood). I actually reached a gallon a long time ago. I think I'm close to two gallons now. Yay!

On the whole, it was a great experience - again. But I think the girl drawing my blood was fairly new. For the first time ever, my arm hurt the whole time the needle was in the vein. That was not pleasant. Even now, it hurts more than it normally does. Blast it all.

1 comment:

Matthew Neal said...

Good thing we never remember exactly how bad something hurt, other wise we'd never do it again (i.e. have more than one child) or in the case of being ridiculously cold, we'd never go on a scout trip again.