Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Big News!!!

Last fall, for one of my classes, some classmates and I put together a photovoice project. We decided to focus on the refugee population in the Salt Lake area. Marcee and I went up to a church meeting for a refugee branch and talked to Frederic, a man who works with refugees, and is a refugee himself. We gave him a camera, and he took some great pictures for us to present to our class.

Brad - another member of the group - submitted our assignment to APHA - 'the oldest, largest, and most diverse organization of public health professionals in the world' - and we got accepted for a poster presentation where we can just show what we did. It's not until November, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Yay!

2 comments:

faith said...

Congratulations! That's really neat.
And I hope your cold gets better soon!

hanner said...

wow! that is way cool. and a great idea! i feel like that is a huge part of salt lake that many people (including myself) look over frequently.