Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Few Things To Clear Up Tabs In My Browser (part 2)

In a matter of... well, not sure how much time passed, but not nearly enough - I went from a manageable 9 tabs to an out-of-control 30+. My firefox performance is suffering because it has too many things to keep track of. My only recourse is to list them out again so I can go close up the tabs and go through them one at a time.

This quote
- “I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people.” -Vincent Van Gogh

I love this quote for a few reasons, but the briefest one to explain is that it comes from an amazing artist.

A brief video clip featuring the author of 'The Omnivore's Dilemma' and 'In Defense of Food' (neither of which I have read... yet)




A kind of cool poetry clock.

A kind of cool video (which I haven't watched all of yet...)




A super-cute video -




The oil cleansing method, which I've only heard very little about and I'm not sure what I think about it yet.

A neat poem on pride -

My Name is Pride
by Beth Moore.

My name is Pride, I am a cheater.
I cheat you of your God-given destiny....because you demand your own way.
I cheat you of contentment......because you "deserve better than this."
I cheat you of knowledge......because you already know it all.
I cheat you of healing......because you're too full of me to forgive.
I cheat you of holiness.......because you refuse to admit when you're wrong.
I cheat you on vision......because you'd rather look in the mirror than out a window.
I cheat you of genuine friendship......because nobody is going to know the real you.
I cheat you of love....because real romance demands a sacrifice.
I cheat you of greatness in heaven....because you refuse to wash another's feet on earth.
I cheat you of God's glory.....because I convince you to seek your own.

MY NAME IS PRIDE. I AM A CHEATER.
You like me because you think I'm always looking out for you. U-N-T-R-U-E.
I'm looking to make a fool of you. God has so much for you, I admit, but don't worry........ If you stick with me YOU WILL NEVER KNOW.

A few blogs about budgeting -

almost frugal
the frugal girl
fabulously broke
budgets are sexy

A volunteer site that helps you find opportunities close to you.

A few blogs on simplifying life -

zen habits
walk slowly, live wildly
no impact man - 10 suggestions for ways to reduce your impact on the earth. I think they're all possible too. I might have a hard time with the bottled water thing because it's just so convenient...

Now, making my way through the tabs I've closed some without posting because I had a couple of duplicates, and others that I didn't need to hold onto anymore.

Here's to firefox running faster. (:

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: