Monday, March 14, 2011

A Few Things To Clear Up Tabs In My Browser

Sometimes I open up a tab in firefox and do a quick google search on something I don't want to forget, or want to look into more, or want to blog about - this leads to a long row of tabs that I don't use regularly, and then when I open a new one to quickly look up something, I end up being shuffled way to the end, and then have to scroll way back to what I was originally using.

These tabs often remain in my browser for weeks or months. At some point I will go back and, while looking through them, end up closing some of them, or finally doing something about others of them.

Here are a few things that have been using up tab space:

The Jimmer Fredette Story - still haven't watched the video, but I plan to. He is amazing.

A great conference talk that a friend of mine posted on facebook and I have been meaning to read through again. Still hasn't happened...

Reminders that I'm not crazy. Seeing as how I didn't do any of the things listed, I'm happy to know that I didn't 'fail' during my break-up.

A story of prescription drug overdose. My mom sent this to me a while ago since it relates very strongly to my thesis; I've been keeping it open in case I might need it.

A TED talk on positive psychology.
I'm sure it'll be great... When I finally get around to listening to it.

Facebook comments on a girl's status who hates the 'Jimmer Fever' going around. Some of them are hilarious.

A quote that I didn't want to forget
: 'Service is the rent we pay for living in this world of ours.' - N. Eldon Tanner

A talk that quotes the following poem:

The tumult and the shouting dies;
The captains and the kings depart.
Still stand thine ancient sacrifice,
An humble and a contrite heart.
Lord God of hosts, be with us yet,
Lest we forget, lest we forget.

- Rudyard Kipling

Weird youtube videos:
the trololo man



a Russian news clip explaining the trololo man
if you don't want to watch it all, at least watch the part from 2:13 to 2:25

you might need to hit the 'cc' button on the bottom of the player to see the translated subtitles, they explain that the song he was supposed to sing had lyrics that were banned by the Russian government for whatever reason, so he had to 'hahahahaha' and 'lalalalala' the whole time.


a sweet video by the trololo man himself
he seems like such a nice man.

again, translation subtitles when you hit the 'cc' button on the bottom of the player


Another quote that I didn't want to forget: 'Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.' - Eleanor Roosevelt

A great moment in the TV show 'House.'
In an episode I saw last week (not a new one), House, Foreman and Chase went to a karaoke bar and sang 'Midnight Train to Georgia' complete with choreography. It was awesome. I never did find a great video of it though. Most of the videos I found were still pictures while the singing was going on, or behind-the-scenes footage - which at least shows some of what was actually filmed.

And most recently - information about a nearby dog park. Yep, I just may try it out one day and see how the pups do.

In addition to all of these, I have a few tabs open where I'm searching for jobs, one for a local massage place (my neck has been killing me since about August), gmail, and a few other less interesting, random ones. Oh, and the new dancing with the stars lineup - which includes the original karate kid! (:

And that's about it. For now.

I included all the links in case
I ever needed to find one of
these things again. (:


Now I'm finally going to
close some of them!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I so needed to do that until my computer had to be reprogrammed. That did it for me. Good thing you're doing it on your own!

eden said...

yikes. glad i caught it now.