Monday, August 29, 2011

Good Things Monday

I feel like Mondays get a bad rap. I kind of like Mondays.

Today, this is why:

:Dingo didn't wake me up in the middle of the night (for the first time in about a week)
:I got an extra hour of sleep (it was because I slept in, but I still got an extra hour - and I got to work on time)
:I had a really good lunch (just a microwaved meal, but it was good)
:I finally got the dogs out on a walk - a two-miler - and it felt awesome (they seemed to really enjoy it too and Dingo only started lagging at the very end - it helped him that we walked to the park for my ward's home evening and had a nice break between the miles)
:I got to play volleyball (well, there was no net, but we made a passing circle - and it was a lot of fun)
:I saw the start of the tons of beautiful sunflowers we get near the trail (I've decided that if I get married in August or September, I'm just going to cut a bunch of the sunflowers and use those as my wedding flowers)
:I got told about this crazy article from this friend who had a cute post today (I'm surprised that I'm still surprised at people's stupidity. And who's the genius lawyer who thought the kids actually had a case?)
:I got to read this post from another friend and I love reading her posts
:I feel tired (like, muscle-tired, which is awesome. it's been way too long...)
:I'm in bed and all ready for bed and it's not even 9 o'clock (lights off by 9:30)

This has been a good day.
Yay for Mondays!

1 comment:

Tara said...

This does sound like a lovely day. And the whole 9:30 bedtime sounds divine to me right now! I think I'll aim for that tonight.