If you followed that, you're awesome. I'm not even reading back over it to make sure it's possible to follow it. So good luck.
Anyway, here's what I'm doing. Dr. Fuhrman's 6-week plan, as outlined on this blog.
UNLIMITED (eat as much as you want):
- all raw vegetables, including raw carrots (goal: 1 lb. daily)
- cooked green vegetables (goal 1 lb. daily)
- beans, legumes, bean sprouts, or *tofu (minimum 1 cup daily in total of these)
- fresh fruit (at least 4 daily).
- eggplant, mushrooms, peppers, onions, tomato and other non-starchy vegetables, cooked and raw (unlimited)
LIMITED (not more than one serving):
- cooked starchy vegetables OR whole grains–Maximum 1 cup per day (butternut or acorn squash, corn, sweet potato, brown rice, cooked carrots, whole grain breads*, whole grain cereals*)
- raw nuts and seeds (1 oz. or 28.5 grams a day) or 2 ounces avocado
- ground flaxseed (1 tablespoon a day)
- soymilk, low-sugar preferred–Maximum 1 cup a day
- dairy products
- animal products
- between meal snacks
- fruit juice, dried fruits
- salt, sugar
NUTS and RAW SEEDS, but not ground flax, are optional for obese or overweight persons while they follow this weight loss plan. People who have difficulty losing weight may also eliminate the starchy vegetable/grain.
-----I'm glad they typed it all up because I really didn't want to.
Anyway, I'm doing it. If you read this book, you'll see how compelling the evidence is and how much healthier a more natural and raw foods diet is for you. I've tried it before, with great success. My sister and brother-in-law have been following it pretty religiously for the last while and have had amazing results as seen here.
So now I'm in. I'm all in. I wasn't going to mention it on here, but I feel like I need to put it out there in order to be more invested. The more people that know, the better. Feel free to check up on me. I'll need all the support/help/reminders I can get. Especially at the beginning.