Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Correction

In an earlier post about Les Mis and how amazing Anthony Warlow is, I mentioned that there was a different guy singing the "Hyde" part, while Warlow sang for Jekyll. I had read that somewhere a few months ago. Trying to figure it out tonight, however, I found out that that was incorrect. Warlow sings both parts. That's what I had originally thought, so it lost some of it's umph for me when I read that it was two different people. It really is quite amazing that it's the same man singing the very different-sounding parts. Now that it's been confirmed that it's always Warlow, the umph is back where it belongs.

While you may not care, I felt like I had cheated Warlow out of proper recognition of his amazing talent. Now, I feel as if I've made amends.

note: I just added a youtube sidebar. Right now I have it switching between Philip Quast as Javert, Anthony Warlow as Enjolras, Anthony Warlow as Jekyll and Hyde, and Philip Quast and Anthony Warlow singing Lily's Eyes from Secret Garden. If you have a minute (or a few of them) to listen, let me know what you think - but keep in mind that if you don't think they both have incredible voices, our friendship may be on the line...

No comments: