Monday, October 6, 2008

My Sister Rocks!

I went to St. George this past weekend to watch my sister Bethany participate in the St. George Marathon. Originally, I was going to run it with her, but the Dr. nixed that plan about a month or so ago. I stayed with her and her family at their friend's home, then drove over with the kids and her husband to watch her cross the finish line. It was awesome seeing her finish her 26.2 miles in 4:59:10!!! She was hoping to come in around (or under) 5 hours, and she did! I am so glad I was able to be there to see that. It completely inspired me, and motivated me to follow-through with my plan to run a marathon myself. Maybe the Salt Lake one in April? Maybe. For now, I'm working towards a 10k in a couple of weeks. Bring on the 6.2! But, back to where I began, go Bessie Mae!

**Updated** As she left in a comment, Bethany corrected the time as 4:59:50. But still, totally awesome!

4 comments:

kathy w. said...

Hooray!
I'm so sorry your plans got changed. Go for the 10k; that's definitely more than I could do.

Bethany said...

Thank you, Eden -- that was very sweet! (and generous -- my real time was 4:59:50 -- I cut it even closer!)

Anonymous said...

Good job Bethany! Mankind has come a long way considering the first runner of the marathon DIED after his last word of Nike! Which could be the result of me after next weeks 10k but last word probably be "Ouch!" See you guys then!

Matthew Neal said...

By the way, I left the above comment, not Jennifer