Sunday, January 31, 2010

Keeping Things Simple

After two years of owning an iPod Touch, I finally figured out how to put apps on it.
I don't think it's entirely my fault. I had to pay for a software upgrade in order to make it possible. Every time I plugged it in to sync to my computer it would ask if I wanted to pay for an upgrade (there had been some free upgrades that I always said yes to) and I didn't really look at it before saying "remind me later" or something.

The point is, I have the following apps:

Scriptures
and
LDS Study Aids

I paid $15 for the Scriptures app. It has all the standard works, includes the Bible Dictionary and Topical Guide, shows cross-references for scriptures, allows you to highlight, make notes, etc. It's pretty amazing.

LDS Study Aids I got for free. It's the material that is being used in Sunday School and Priesthood/Relief Society. I have the Old Testament manual for Sunday School, and then the whole Gospel Principles book right there.

What I love about all of this is that now the only thing I have to carry to church is my purse - as long as my iPod is in it.

Realizing that I pack super-light for church now made me decide to walk to church today. It's almost 2.5 miles away, most of that is going uphill, but my hands will be unencumbered. It's been a while since I've walked to church (not since I stopped meeting around the corner from my house) and it's not too cold out there, so this will be nice. Hopefully it doesn't snow - but if it does, I can always beg a ride home. (:

3 comments:

Bethany said...

How nice! (especially in good weather)

faith said...

That's great! Hope you enjoyed the walk!

eden said...

it was really nice. i enjoyed the walk a lot. my legs are kind of sore because i was walking pretty quickly up a mountain in sunday shoes... but i'm good.

i think i'll do it again.

grant gave me a ride home. i had started walking and realized how tired i was right as he pulled over to ask. i accepted.

maybe next time i'll walk both ways... (: