Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Another Favorite

I "discovered" this while waiting in the chapel for a temple session to begin:

Isaiah 26:3-4

3 - Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace,
whose mind is stayed on
thee: because he trusteth in thee.
4 - Trust ye in the LORD for ever:
for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:

How beautiful! I actually tried to memorize it before the session started and did... but then shortly after the session started I forgot the exact words, but remembered the idea.

How wonderful to have "perfect peace" when we keep our mind on the Lord. And we're able to keep our mind on the Lord because we trust Him.

I just love it!

-- for those of you wondering if I regularly open up to Isaiah and read... no...
sadly, I don't understand much of what he writes,
so I don't spend a lot of time there.
I stumbled across these verses after following along with the organist playing
"The Lord is My Shepherd."
I love the hymns and the provided scriptural references!

No comments: