Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Excitement?


Is that why I've been having a hard time sleeping these past few nights? Flashbacks to Christmas anticipations as a kid? Not that I don't get excited for it now... it's just generally not the excitement that keeps me from sleeping for multiple nights before Christmas.

Maybe it's because of a phantom kitty whose purring I swear I can hear right now.
But I'm not sure where she is.

Maybe it's because that same kitty breaks out of her phantom-like state and jumps up on my bed to crawl onto my stomach and purr in my face.
Pretty cute, but it's less cute when it happens
at 4, 2, or even 5 in the morning.

Maybe it's because I want to be awake to enjoy every last minute of not being in school and having to worry about assignments.
Which I will admit, is a pretty awesome feeling.

Whatever it is, I wish it would still let me fall into the blissful unawareness of sleep.

Here's hoping!

ps - let me just say how much I'm hoping that the
kitty and my pup will end up liking each other
as much as the two in the picture.
they have about a week to get
to that stage.

I don't know that it will happen.

No comments: