Thursday, December 17, 2009

I Love It!

I've blogged a bit about this movie before, but I just had to again.

This is my "go to" movie (I'm not really sure what I mean by that, so don't ask.).

I can put this movie on at any time, in any mood, and I will love it.

I love the cast.
I love the story.
I love the soundtrack.
I love how clean it is.
I love it!

It's excellent background noise for me. All the music in the soundtrack is soft and soothing (I own the soundtrack too. It's beautiful.). I have all the dialogue memorized (practically), and it doesn't distract me at all to have it playing in the background. I've watched it probably four times in the last week/week and a half (mostly as background, so I haven't necessarily watched it four times).

It's one that I feel I can recommend to anyone and regardless of their movie standards, I don't have to warn them about any scenes or language. It's fantastic.

it's playing right now.
while I study for my last final.
I just had to take a break to share the
fabulousness of "Sabrina" with everyone.

ps - I feel as thought I should add that I am definitely partial to the Harrison Ford/Julia Ormond/Greg Kinnear version
The three of them are fabulous.
I love Audrey Hepburn, but her version of the movie just doesn't do the same thing for me.
I've never been a Bogart fan (though I do love Casablanca), so that's probably a big part of it.
However, personality-wise, I can definitely relate more to Julia Ormond's character than Audrey Hepburn's. Technically they're the same character, but Ormond is more introvert and Hepburn more extrovert.

That's just my take on it.

Watch it and let me know what you think!

pps - some of my favorite lines:

Sabrina - I don't like to think of anyone as a lost cause.

David - You're talking about my life!
Linus - I pay for your life. My life makes your life possible.
David - I resent that.
Linus - So do I!

Sabrina - More isn't always better Linus, sometimes it's just more.

Okay, I'm done.
Promise.

No comments: