Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It Just Hit Me -

- I'm

I'm in my upper-20s.
I'm no longer a mid-20s-year-old.
This time next year I'll be casting my eyes toward 30.

While I've never been embarrassed to state my age,
I didn't really realize how old* I'm getting.

I'm 28.

My life is so not the way I pictured it would be.

I'm 28.

... and 4 months ...

*admittedly an extremely relative term

ps - I'm not asking for any platitudes / condolences / etc.
More than that, please don't offer them.

I'm just expressing an awareness that time is moving on.
And I'm not necessarily moving on with it
I need to remedy that.

1 comment:

kathy w. said...

I know what you mean. On my last birthday, I kind of lamented that I could no longer say I was in my mid-twenties. And then I heard the news that someone's organizing our 10-year high school reunion. I don't think I'll go.