Sunday, March 21, 2010

Baby Steps

Last year, the day before Valentine's Day, I went to watch a movie alone for the first time in my life. This year, two days before Valentine's Day, I went to watch a movie* alone for the second time in my life.

It's not necessarily that I really enjoy doing things like this alone. It's that I feel that if I don't learn to do them alone now, I'm going to have some long, long, lonely years ahead of me - that will be more boring than they need to be. If I learn to get out there and do things on my own, then my long lonely years will have more 'adventures' than they otherwise would.

Does that make sense?

*not a horrible movie, but there were
some things about it that I wish
weren't there. what's wrong
with making a completely
clean, cute movie?

2 comments:

Deja said...

i like going to movies alone. even when you marry, chances are he won't want to see everything you see.

kathy w. said...

I wish I could articulate my own fears and anxieties as beautifully and honestly as you did with yours here. You're so lovely.