Friday, November 8, 2013

Puzzles

Last week on Monday a coworker mentioned that she and her mom to puzzles a lot. A 500-piece puzzle will take them one night to finish, and a 1000-piece puzzle takes them two.

I told her I couldn't remember the last time I had done a puzzle and I honestly didn't think I had ever done a jigsaw puzzle all by myself start to finish. Normally when I see people doing puzzles I'll look at the pieces until I'm able to fit two of them together and then I say, 'I'm out!'

That's the extent of my contribution.

I decided that puzzles are probably a good way to exercise your brain (I've done zero research into whether this is true or not, but it makes sense to me), and that I should probably start doing puzzles.

I went to Target after work that day and bought a 750-piece and a 1000-piece. The 750 was a panoramic picture of Times Square. It took me a loooooong time to get that one put together.

The 1000-piece had awful shaped pieces, so earlier this week I took apart the very very little that I had done on the frame (it was hard to tell which pieces were border pieces) and took it to work so my coworker and her mom could put it together. (:

And I bought a few 500-piece puzzles from the dollar store.

I finished one in two or three evenings, and I'm working on the second one now.

Morty decided to help me one night. And I've seen evidence that she jumps up on the table while I'm sleeping...


The first dollar-store puzzle I did. I don't know why the picture isn't posting in landscape...


Belle helping me sort pieces of the second puzzle.

If Max was small enough, you can bet he would have taken his turn up there too. (:

Here's to a healthier/stronger/better brain!

No comments: