Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I Think I'm Substituting

... white flour for refined sugar.


White flour's not that great for you, right? I've always loved bread - different types, and I actually like wheat better than white - but I've eaten so much more white flour products in the last few days than I've eaten in the previous few months. I really think I'm substituting. So now, add to my no-meat-or-refined-sugar-for-the-next-three-weeks plan: only one serving of white flour products a day (if that).

Sheesh.
This is getting harder.

5 comments:

simplysarah said...

So I'm reading your blog today, and I suddenly realize...masochism is real.

;)

Just teasing. Good luck in your challenge of will.

kathy w. said...

Sounds like you'll have to eat lots of fruits and veggies. Very good for you.

Deja said...

Two words: Corn tortillas. Those are my friends.

Also, Kashi frozen waffles are GREAT, full of protein, fiber, etc. Very good for you and tasty. I drizzle them with agave nectar for breakfast.

(Sorry--just sounds like you needs some alternatives.)

Go Eden, Go!

eden said...

yes dej! alternatives are wonderful! i love getting suggestions from people who have tried it and love it! (or even just *liking* it is good...) thanks!

Genevieve Beck said...

You know, I definitely never plan on giving up meat, but the sugar and flour gets easier. Good luck! It's a good way to go.