Friday, February 27, 2009

I Won!!!

I've often said, "I never win anything." Not in a self-deprecating way, just in a matter-of-fact way. And it's true enough that I don't feel like I'm lying when I say those words.

Yesterday, when I came out of a meeting, Joe, our student secretary, pointed out my "prize." Beginning of January (I think) we had a products "show." There are multiple booths set up with pens, computers, binders, notepads, etc. Almost every office product you can imagine. They also have a drawing for all the workers who go. Every year I've dropped my name in, and every year I never hear anything. I always forget about it.

This year, I won! A set of 3 small memo pads, but it's something.

3 comments:

Stella said...

congrats on the winning and the blogging! i honestly don't know what you could do to top these achievements - maybe survive a lightening strike...? luv ya ;)

faith said...

congratulations! when i was a senior in high school i won a turkey the week of thanksgiving (do you remember those give-aways?). that's the first time i remember winning anything like that. obviously it made such an impact that i remember... :)

Jennie Larsen said...

Memo pads! You lucky duck! Now you can make more drawings during your awesome meetings with engineers...