Monday, June 1, 2009

Do You Know These Men?

How about now?
And now?


Do you know these men?
Now?
And now?
Don't feel bad. I wouldn't have known any of them either. And if you did know who they were, then you may have enjoyed being where I was Saturday night more than I enjoyed being there. Don't get me wrong, I definitely enjoyed it, I just wasn't very familiar with who they were.

A few of their songs did sound familiar (more so with REO than Styx), and it was somewhat entertaining to see all the drunk people and be worried that beer might be spilled on you as the people sitting next to you kept getting up and down to get beer refills again... and again... and... you get the idea. That happened until one of them did spill beer on a guy sitting in front of him. That guy went and complained and they got moved. Down to the grass (we were at Rio Tinto Stadium). With all the drunk people. That's where they should be.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun. At the very end of the concert Styx came back on and sang a song that REO and Styx had written together. There were 8 guitars on stage playing. It was pretty sweet.

I'm glad I have friends who get to do cool things for their job and invite me along. (:

Don't you just love this video?


It reminds me of how much I love this one:

Which I think is absolutely brilliant for having been made years after it was "supposed" to have been made.

No comments: