Monday, May 9, 2011

Cabbage for Breakfast

A few weeks ago I picked up a basket at bountiful baskets that had two heads of cabbage in it. While I like cabbage, I'm not super-familiar with good ways to use it. So I googled it.

I found a discussion board with people talking about ways they use their cabbage. The only one I've tried - for breakfast.

Saute some cabbage (as much as you want) in some olive oil, when it's slightly browned, add a beaten egg and milk mixture and stir it until cooked. I normally use two eggs and a little milk.

Sometimes I cut up enough cabbage to the point where the eggs are barely noticeable. But it's still good.

Cabbage has a lot of great health benefits too. It's great for cancer prevention - and sometime even cancer treatment. It's a great source of antioxidants, and full of anti-inflammatory properties. Read more here.

I eat cabbage for breakfast, and I LOVE it.

This past Saturday I picked up a basket that had one head of cabbage.

Guess what I had for breakfast this morning?

No comments: