Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Season Comes to a Close


Since the first Wednesday in January, I've been playing volleyball in a local gym league. We haven't played straight through until now (we had a couple weeks off in between the seasons, and then another couple weeks off before out tournament game last night because of spring break and a major church meeting), but on and off, I've gotten a lot of volleyball-playing in.

I've loved it.

Ever since 8th grade I've really enjoyed playing volleyball, and I'll accept almost any opportunity I have to play.

After playing in an institute tournament - in which my ward won the championship (the same day I got dumped because I like dogs - it was a day of extreme emotions...) - some girls in my ward decided they wanted to play in this gym league and invited me to play with them. I'm so glad I said yes

In this league, these last two seasons, I can probably count on one hand the number of games my team has won (and we played 2, sometimes 3 games a week), but we had fun. We had a lot of fun.

In the first season, our team name was 'Victorious Secret.' This season - 'Some Spike it Hot.' We had shirts with our team name made for both. We may not have been the most talented, but our 'uniforms' looked the coolest. (:

During this season I had cheering support from three of my oldest sister's children for one game while they were visiting from Denver, and my younger sister (while visiting from Oklahoma) along with my visiting teaching companion for another game (my younger sister and visiting teaching companion are now sisters-in-law). It was a lot of fun to have them there watching. And we actually won the game that my sister and friend made it to. Which of course was more fun for them to watch. I'm guessing. (:

So, with some sadness, I'll say goodbye to volleyball and look forward to any other chances to play.

1 comment:

faith said...

Glad I got to watch you!! And I'm really glad I was good luck. :) Hope you get to play again soon!