Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thirty By 30

*update* i did the math wrong for the week (how embarrassing) but it's correct now (:

Remember when I posted this list of overly-ambitious-perhaps-with-slight-or-more-than-slight-delusions-of-grandeur-wow-the-list-has-gotten-way-out-of-control things I wanted to do before I was 30? Yeah... so do I.

I re-worked it in my head today.

The 30 things I want to do before I turn 30 = the lbs. I want to lose before I turn 30. And it's totally possible. I have 168 days (24 weeks) in which to accomplish this. AND I'M GOING TO DO IT.

That's an average of losing less than .2 lbs a day. Or 1.25 lbs. per week. Definitely doable. And healthy too. (:

Remember when I lost weight recently?

Remember when I gained some back even more recently?

Oh, you don't remember that?

That's because I didn't want to tell you.

But it happened.

Not cool.

So... I'm coming back.

30 before 30.

On your mark...

Get set...

just out of curiosity, I looked at the list to see if there were things I could check off.
here they are:

2 - run another half marathon
6 - finish my master's degree
(not quite done, but close!)
15 - try skiing
25 - have my first kiss

13.33333% of what I had planned to do.
and, I still have 24 weeks left.
who knows what will happen by then...



here's a quote i like from that original post:

The common conception is that motivation leads to action, but the reverse is true - action precedes motivation. You have to "prime the pump" and get the juice flowing, which motivates you to work on your goals. Getting momentum going is the most difficult part of the job, and often taking the first step is enough to prompt you to make the best of your day.

- Robert McKain

~ good thing to remember ~

2 comments:

Becky said...

VERY good thing to remember. I needed to hear/read that. Thanks!

Good job with your list...keep it up!

Bethany said...

Those would be the most awesome 30 things to lose by your 30th. Do it!