Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Calling All World Travelers

- or at least nationwide travelers!

I've just added a new list on the right that I'll need a lot of help filling in. This is the first of three (at least it's three right now...). I'm wondering, if I were to go to every state in the country, what is the one thing that I should definitely see in that state? I realize it's going to be a hard decision in for some states, and may be very easy for others. But try to keep it to one.

This first list is for tourist attractions. The next two lists will also be for all the states but referring to nature things (e.g. Zion's National Park, Grand Canyon, etc.) and for weird/interesting/intriguing festivals (e.g. Garlic Festival - Gilroy, CA, Llama Festival [I've never been, but I assume it's weird-ish], etc.)

So, here's where you (all of you, any of you, friends, strangers, acquaintances, whoever...) come in. I don't know what I should try to see in most of these states. I started out by putting Temple Square down for Utah because I couldn't really think of any other touristy spot that was man-made. For New York I would think Times Square, but maybe there's something else that's really cool. I'm looking for specific places/things, not just cities.

Does this make sense? Let me know if it's confusing.

Leave a comment if you have any suggestions. If I get more than one for a state I'll have to make an executive decision with the help of google. ( :

4 comments:

Katie Rod said...

Texas--Bluebonnet Festival, The World's Largest Flea Market held in Canton, Texas
Florida--John Pennekamp State Park, Long Boat Key

That's all I have for the moment.

Bethany said...

California -- Golden Gate Bridge

kathy w. said...

Tourist Attraction:
Hawaii - Polynesian Cultural Center in Laie

Nature Spot:
Hawaii - snorkeling @ Shark's Cove on Oahu (it's not the flashiest place, but it's my favorite—and all the spots up and down that side of the island are gorgeous)

Festivals:
Utah - Shakespearean Festival in Cedar City

simplysarah said...

South Dakota
Nature: BADLANDS NAT'L PARK!!!
Tourist: Mt Rushmore of course

Montana
Nature: Beartooth Pass!!!