Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 3


On Tuesday, 27th January 2009, I signed a "pledge to be veg." It's not that I'm a huge animal rights activist, I just think it's a healthier way to eat in a lot of ways. I'm also not saying that I will never eat meat again, but for the next 30 days... no thank you.

Just yesterday I walked past a hamburger place in the cafeteria. I smelled... and I wanted... I've walked past that same place multiple times before and have never craved a hamburger like I did yesterday. (Even now, as I write this, I really want to eat one.) I'm sure it's just because I can't have one anymore. Whereas before it was always an option, now I can't.

Blast
.

For the past... years, I've ordered meals at restaurants asking them to leave out the meat. I've long enjoyed meals with no meat so I figured this wouldn't be that hard. But it's much harder when you completely restrict yourself from something. It's some kind of mind thing...

So, wish me luck, and come 26th February 2009... steak, anyone?

6 comments:

Deja said...

I'm sure it's a brain thing, but your body's probably also craving the nutrients in meat. Gotta make sure you get protein, and you may want to look at getting a supplement that has ... shoot, I can't remember what. B12? Anyway, vegetarians take some vitamin supplement. I'm sure you can find it online.

Go you!

Bethany said...

Good luck! (and eat lots of beans -- they've got a lot of protein in them)

kathy w. said...

Yay! I think the last time I ate beef MIGHT have been last summer. I hadn't eaten it in a while and it weighed super heavy on my stomach that night. It grosses me out now.

I love eating plants. But I may never be a vegetarian because fish is so good for me and I won't turn down chicken.

simplysarah said...

So I really like meat, but I also like meat alternatives. I had the veggie burger at Burger King this week, it tastes nothing like a burger, but it's not bad if you want something burger-shaped. Also, tofu is the best. Happy eating this month!

faith said...

good luck. i'm sure you'll do great. green leafy vegetables also have protein - spinach, collared, etc.

eden said...

wait, collards, or coloreds? ( :