Saturday, January 31, 2009

Blast This Wretched, Wretched Foot!

(did you catch the reference?)

So... I haven't been on a regular training program. Most the time I haven't done the M-F running, and for a month or so I wasn't even doing the Saturday running. Last week I went 8 miles on Monday with Jen, then on Saturday pushed myself to go 12 miles in order to try to catch-up with my training program. I kind of twisted my ankle in the snow potholes, and hurt my foot from the run itself. Sadly, it felt a lot like it felt when the doctor told me I had a "stress reaction" which could lead to a stress fracture if I didn't take it really, really easy. Well, I did, and as a result of that (and a locked hip - btw, I think my other hip is locked now...) I had to back out of the St. George Marathon. That's not going to happen this time!

I took it really easy this past week, not walking very much and wearing sturdy shoes to give my foot support and by Thursday I couldn't feel a thing, and Friday it was even better. So, I figured I was healed.

This morning I went out to do my 4-mile run, hoping to use the shorter run to really work on speed and get my average mile faster than it's been recently. I wasn't two blocks into the run when my foot started to hurt. I ignored it for a few more blocks then decided I needed to be "grown-up" and "smart" about this, so I stopped running and walked the rest of the way home. With an aching foot.

This is driving me crazy.

3 comments:

kathy w. said...

I'm so sorry! I'm glad you're "grown up" and "smart."

Bethany said...

"No" to the reference, and "Ahhhhhhh!" to the story.

eden said...

i had the same reaction to the story, bess!