Monday, January 12, 2009

The Time is Near...

... So near, it's stirring the blood in [my] veins!
13 points* to you if you got the reference. for a hint, see the post labels.

So, tomorrow is the day. It's feeling almost like a judgment day. There's no turning back, the time has come.

Okay, that may sound slightly dramatic for it just being about the GRE, but I must confess, I'm nervous. I haven't taken a test in over three years. Tomorrow I'm going to take one that could easily dictate how the next couple of years of my life are going to go.

No pressure.

Tomorrow, hopefully by 1, I will have completed the unfavorable task that I've placed before myself and hopefully the results will be highly favorable. Either way - by tomorrow at 1, it will be done!

Prayers, well-wishes, and good thoughts will be very well-received! Thanks in advance!

*why 13 points? because tomorrow's the 13th and that's the day i'm taking the gre.
i've also declared 13 as my lucky number (freshman year in high school)
which is pretty much the reason i chose that day in the first place.


not highly scientific reasoning, i'll grant you that.

10 comments:

faith said...

i knew right away! (and i even know it's enjolaras) we'll be thinking of and praying for you. good luck.

faith said...

okay, i submitted my comment before googling the name. it's enjolras...

simplysarah said...

It was just about a year ago I took the GRE. I was sick, unprepared, and I did horrible. The good news is, if you apply to the right program, they'll take you anyway! Hooray! :) Good luck.

(and I also knew the reference, though not the character's name! Impressive Faith!)

eden said...

13 more points to you if you knew the character (no offense sarah!).

and that is good news. thanks for that! ( :

Caitlin said...

Good luck Eden! We'll be praying for you too!!! I'm sure all that practice will pay off in the end. :)

Katie Rod said...

I'm not going to lie...I had to google that quote. But I should have known it! GOOD LUCK tomorrow!!! Tom has taken it a few times and gave this advice (just in case you haven't had enough already!):

1)How correct you answer the first few questions in each section will determine what percentile you fall in. So, if you get the first few questions right, you will be given harder questions to answer in that section, but you will have a higher potential scoring bracket. If you answer the first few questions wrong, it will make the rest of the test easier, but will limit your potential score (i.e. put you in a lower scoring bracket). No pressure!

2) On the analytical writing, use long words, long complex sentences, and long paragraphs. Don't finish (unless you are absolutely done and can't b.s. anymore), but keep going by writing as much as you can!!! Tom has tested this theory and it worked (he got a higher score when wrote b.s. and didn't finish than when he tried to finish and have everything concise).

Anyway, I hope things go well and that it goes by fast!! We'll be thinking about you.

Bethany said...

Good luck, good luck! (and I knew it, too)

kathy w. said...

You're going to rock it.

I didn't realize the GRE was a big deal when I went (they made me show them the tissue I blew my nose in before I went back in after my break between sections to check for cheat notes), so I went totally unprepared. If nothing else, I'm sure you'll do a whole lot better than I did.

Bethany said...

Maybe not who said it immediately, but I would have known how to spell it!

Deja said...

You'll do fabulously. I'm sure of it. Study your vocab words before you go. That's pretty much all I did and I did well. (At least in verbal. Math was another (sad) story.)